Monday, June 23, 2014

Waves, Water & Passion


Do you experience sudden thoughts that burst into your mind uninvited that seem to speak to you like a voice inside your head; during moments when you are quietly tuning into the silence that surrounds you or maybe upon waking from a deep sleep, while daydreaming during a break in your daily routine, watching waves crash on the sand at the beach or during night walks through urban centers.

I was inspired by this YouTube video about Clark Little who created a fantastic business after just going for his passion of taking pictures of the beautiful waves in Hawaii.


 

Our subconscious mind, a spiritual guide or muse or a maybe a divine presence, no one has the definitive answer but some of us experience a strong sudden suggestion from somewhere inside our minds like being overcome by a wave that moves us toward acting on it. It  might be called an epiphany or inner voice by some people, in any case, I heed the guidance whether it comes as a gentle nudge or a forceful voice. 
I discovered the importance of listening to this voice many  years ago when it guided me to follow my passion for dance. I followed this path for over three decades. Dance immersion included working as a dance teacher, performing, choreographing dance, working for eighteen years as an independent dance instruction professional, owning and operating Pattie Wells' Dancetime Center for 16+ years, serving as adjunct faculty as a dance educator at San Diego State University, Grossmont College and Southwestern college, mentoring young dance teachers, video-taping dance performances, writing the Dance Talk blog and dance articles for www.dancetime.com.

Recently, I once again followed the voice to change profession, taking a leap of faith to explore and work on my writing. Currently, I am putting the finishing touches on my poetry manuscript, FIRE IN RAIN to send out to contests for publication, working on the second half of my novel, content writing for my website and working on my new blog Airing Matter: Life, Love & Art.

A few days ago, I stumbled (no accident) on this interesting article "10 Things Highly Intuitive People Do Differently" www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com/10-things-highly-intuitive-people-do-differently/. 

Remember to "Silently listen to the voice that speaks your passion."

No comments:

Post a Comment